- Is the jewellery solid silver/gold and is it hallmarked?
Other than where 23ct gold plating is indicated, all materials are solid gold or solid sterling silver (925). They are stamped with the makers mark and hallmarked at the Birmingham Assay Office when they above the legal weight threshold.
- How do I keep my jewellery clean?
There are a number of different finishes available so if in doubt please ask for specific advice regarding the piece you have bought.
Generally the following applies:
- To protect it and contribute to it’s longevity, we suggest that you store your jewellery separately and in its original packaging as metals and stones can scratch when they come into contact with each other.
- Do not let your jewellery come into contact with household detergents; undiluted or strong solutions or other chemical products and take care when spraying perfume and hairspray.
- Our silver colour finish on our sterling silver jewellery is likely to tarnish eventually with time and wearing, this is not a manufacturing defect but a property of silver metal. To restore the original brilliance of the surface, we recommend you first use a silver polishing cloth. If this is not sufficient use a silver dip solution (please follow the manufacturer’s instructions) and then finish with the silver polishing cloth, both available from MT Gallery.
- To preserve the shine of gold jewellery, use a gold polishing cloth also available from MT Gallery.
- Jewellery with set stones can be loosened through wear and impact, check the security of any stone set jewellery by shaking the item close to your ear. If there is a slight rattle the stone(s) are no longer secure in their setting and should be checked before any potential loss. Please contact us if you require a setting to be examined.
- Grease and grime within stone settings can be removed using an ultrasonic cleaner or warm water mixed with mild detergent solution; it is wise to put the items into a basket (or sieve) for easy location and removal. Avoid doing this with pearls of other porous stones.
- Neighbouring pieces of jewellery of differing metal, eg. Silver ring next to gold ring, will wear at different rates, so it is advised to keep pieces of the same metal together to avoid excessive wear on the softer items.
- Oxidised silver pieces contain a ‘formed’ oxide to create the black appearance. Polishing this finish will remove the oxidation and return the piece to bright silver finish, but please be careful when cleaning oxidised silver pieces using a silver polishing cloth, and to remove any wear grease and grime use a detergent and a soft silver polishing cloth.
- What is the black colouring on a lot of the jewellery?
There are two different types usually seen on silver jewellery: one is deliberately caused and is referred to as oxidation, created using a chemical that is applied to the surface. The resulting black colour is the end of a process called patination. The other is a naturally occurring and the tarnish is likely to occur with time and wearing, this is not a manufacturing defect but a property of silver metal and can be removed using the cleaning methods detailed above.
- Are the diamonds used conflict free?
All MT diamonds are sourced from suppliers who guarantee to sell only conflict free stones.
- If I am buying a present on line, and it doesn’t fit or they don’t like it, can I return it?
Items may be returned for a full refund within 7 working days of purchase, unworn and as new. A suitable alternative will be offer at this time but if this cannot be found, a refund will be given. After these 7 working days a credit note for the value of the piece but not postage will be given. Pieces made specifically to commission cannot be returned due to their individual nature. MT Jewellery also sells vouchers; which you may like to consider if you are unsure of your purchase.
- How long will my order take?
Most items are already in stock and we wil try to send them out within 3- 5 working days however please refer to delivery times listed on each individual item as this could vary. Items made to order will be assessed and time scale quoted individually. If an item is not in stock or there will be any delay we will notify you via email in the first instance.
- How is my jewellery delivered and when should I expect to receive my order?
All pieces are sent by Royal Mail either using special delivery at £9 for items over £100 or First class recorded delivery at £6 for items under £100. All items over £100 will be sent special delivery using the appropriate level and value of insurance cover. Items to be delivered outside the UK will be charged at £20 for EU countries and £15 worldwide using Royal mail Internationally signed for. Any other courier service will be assessed individually.
Special Delivery is signed for and guaranteed to be received before 1pm the following day. First class recorded delivery means that parcel had to be signed for but cannot be guaranteed for next day delivery. We accept no liability for when Royal Mail fails to deliver but will do our utmost to trace all parcels we send.
- How do I pay?
Payments are made through the website redirection to PayPal. Payments can also be made by contacting MT Gallery directly by telephone during opening hours.
- How do I contact Mari Thomas Jewellery?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1558 660001, our staff are available 9.30am to 5.00pm (GMT/BST) Tuesday to Saturday.
- How can I check on an order I placed on marithomas.com?
To check on the status of an order please click on the “My Account” section of the website or email us on email@example.com or phone on +44(0)1558 660001 quoting your order reference number.
- How do I know when my order has been received?
Upon receipt of your order an email confirmation will be sent to the email address provided. Please keep this email; it contains your order reference number which you may need at a later date.
- Can orders be delivered to a different address to my own or my card details address?
Yes however we will contact you in the first instance just to confirm that the delivery address is correct.. This is to protect our customers against fraudulent behaviour.
- Can orders be placed from abroad?
Orders can be placed from abroad and you can place your order in the normal way. They will be sent Royal Mail Internationally signed for. If you require any other delivery method please contact us and charges will be assessed individually. Delivery times will vary on destination and dictated by delivery company.
We accept no liability for when delivery company fails to deliver but will do our utmost to trace all parcels we send.
- How is my gift packaged?
Even the tiniest of presents from marithomas.com are beautifully presented in a designer presentation box wrapped in a ribbon and sealed with a MT label. Your gift is then sealed in a white padded envelope. Royal Mail Special Delivery items may also be packaged in Royal Mail tamper proof silver bags.
- How do I get an item customised?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any variations or special requests such as engraving, stone setting etc. This service will incur additional charges.
- Is there VAT charged online?
All prices on line include VAT.
- How can I return or exchange an unwanted item that was purchased from marithomas.com?
If you are not happy with your goods that were purchased online, and you are in the UK or EU, please return them to us within 7 days. We will be happy to exchange or refund, providing the goods are returned in perfect condition and in their original packaging. Regrettably, items custom made to your requirements cannot be refunded or exchanged unless they are defective or faulty. On receipt of the returned goods we will give you a refund of the amount paid for the goods. We do not refund the original delivery charge unless the goods are faulty or have been incorrectly supplied.
Please send your items to: Internet Purchase Returns, Mari Thomas Jewellery, 7 King Street, Llandeilo, Carmarthenshire, SA19 6BA. This policy is for internet purchases only. We only accept customer returns via post at this address.
- When will my account be debited?
Your account will be debited when your order is dispatched.
- How do I get an item repaired?
Please bring your item to MT Gallery or send your item via an insured method, directly to: Mari Thomas Jewellery, 7 King Street, Llandeilo, Carmarthenshire, Wales UK SA19 6BA
Please provide contact information and a detailed description of the problem.
Any items left with us after we notify you of completion and not collected after a 12 month period will become property of M T Jewellery Ltd.
- Do you custom-make jewellery?
We offer a bespoke design service in the gallery. Mari or one of her qualified jewellers is available by appointment. In order to find out more about this service, please email or call us.
We can sometimes remodel your jewellery into bespoke items however any items left with us after we notify you of completion and not collected after a 12 month period will become property of MT Jewellery Ltd.
- What is the length of guarantee on jewellery?
We treat each case on an individual basis, looking at wear and tear since purchase and the reason for returning the item. There is no official warranty period on any items.
- My gold plated items are wearing off, what can I do?
Some of the designs available are made from gold plated silver to give a two metal appearance. Wear and tear can wear away the gold plating to leave more silver visible. Gold plating can be repeated for frequently worn items to return them to their original condition. There will be a service charge for this.
- Ring sizes
MT Gallery use UK ring sizing and offer full standard sizes H – Z online. We carry a wide range of sizes and special orders outside this and half sizes can be made to order. If you’re uncertain of the size of ring you require please call into our workshop and gallery where you can be measured accurately or alternatively pop into your local jewellers where you can be measured. Please remember that a deep band width will often require a larger size ring. Please note that there may an additional charge to alter the ring size from the one ordered.
- Bangle sizes
Our bangles are solid and not hinged therefore we measure for a bangle by taking the smallest measurement round your hand when it is made as narrow as possible by tucking your thumb into your fingers. Simply measuring the wrist will not be sufficient. If you have a bangle that fits tightly over your hand when you do this then it is probably safe to take measurements from the inside and use our chart provided when placing an order.
Alternatively if you are able to please call to into our workshop and gallery you can be measured accurately or alternatively pop into your local jewellers where you can be measured. Please remember that a deep band width will often require a larger size. Please note that there may an additional charge to alter the bangle size from the one ordered.